Tuesday, May 18, 2010

my favorite soup ever

If I could only have one soup for the rest of my life, this would be it. I would be doomed to permanently runny eyes and nose, though, because this baby has a heat factor, but it would be oh so worth it.

I saw Rachael Ray make this a couple years ago, tried it and was hooked.



Here's her original recipe. I made a few changes. Here's my version below.

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
3 tablespoons EVOO
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
handful jarred jalapeños, chopped (I like the ones from the jar because they are less spicy, so you can get more flavor with less heat)
palm full of chili powder
a few shakes of ground cumin
a few shakes of paprika
1 16-ounce jar tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
1 quart chicken stock (more or less, depending on how much you need to make and how chunky you like it)
1 handful cilantro leaves
Juice of 2 limes

Heat a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Cook onions and garlic until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the spices and jalapeño and cook for another minute. Add the salsa, stock and lime juice. Bring up to a bubble and add in the shredded chicken. Simmer for 25 minutes. Add cilantro just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.














By the way, this pot is part of Rach's collection I got last year when I moved into my casa. And I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

traffic statistics