Monday, March 22, 2010

hippity hoppity...

Yesterday at church we sang the best songs. I am a traditional service person. I'm not anti-contemporary, but you just can't beat the organ, piano, choir, and - in yesterday's case - cello (my fave), violins and drums.

All the songs seemed to have an Easter vibe - all about triumph over the grave and life after death.

My two favorites were this and this.

Crown him the Lord of life,
who triumphed o'er the grave,
and rose victorious in the strife for those he came to save.
His glories now we sing,
who died, and rose on high,
who died, eternal life to bring,
and lives that death may die.

Love it. Now I'm in the mood for Easter. Our church does this on Easter Sunday:


I think it's so cool. Anyone else do something similar?

My mom's favorite Easter song is "Up From the Grave He Arose..."  It's one of those hymns you sing loud. Those are the best kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

traffic statistics